Sam Fox, the hospitality innovator, opens The Global Ambassador in Phoenix this week, marking his official debut as a luxury hotelier. For more than two decades, Fox has helped shape the country’s restaurant culture through the opening of 150 restaurants nationwide as part of Fox Restaurant Concepts where he remains founder and CEO.
The hotel’s restaurant lineup has five original concepts, including the state’s largest rooftop dining experience with Camelback Mountain views. The wellness center has world-class partners, many of which are making their first-to-market debut and will be exclusively available at the hotel.
“Opening The Global Ambassador is a defining moment in my career and one that I’m extremely proud of,” said Fox, founder of Author & Edit Hospitality, the developer, owner and manager of the hotel in a statement. “While the hotel’s influence is global in scale, its roots run deep in the surrounding community. The Global Ambassador is a convergence of hospitality, wellness, culinary and culture – it has become my legacy project.”
The design details include custom walnut millwork, fabric wall coverings along with Waterworks fixtures, private Juliet balconies and artwork by local artist Michael Carson.
The Global Ambassador’s restaurants are influenced by Fox’s extensive international travels – highlighting his favorite dishes and flavors from countries and cultures around the world:
- Le Âme: A Parisian steakhouse and bistro that has a wide variety of classic French dishes like Steak Frites and Mussels en Boullion along with dishes like Loup de Mer and Crab Tagliolini. Carefully curated by the hotel’s master sommelier to complement the flavors of the dishes, the wine offering at Le Âme is true to its Parisian roots, but with reach across the globe. The cocktail program is also designed to mirror the cuisine – ingredients, perfectly executed with drinks like the Au Poivre Martini and the Parisian Spritz. Le Âme offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and lively weekend brunch.
- Pink Dolphin: Mexican and Peruvian-inspired dishes and drinks are paired with the vibrant poolside setting. The bar offers a wide range of margaritas and authentic cocktails, each made with fresh ingredients and pressed juices. Menu items include Peruvian Ceviche, Cancha, shallow-fried corn seasoned with lime and salt, or a side of chips and guacamole. Adjoined to The Pink Dolphin is a boutique with a well-curated collection of clothing, accessories and home goods.
- théa Mediterranean Rooftop (Opening mid-January): théa Mediterranean Rooftop is inspired by the sun-soaked Mediterranean region. In the shadow of Arizona’s Camelback Mountain, guest can listen to lively DJ’s. The menu explores the vast preparations of mezze, pasta and coastal seafood with dips, flatbreads, prepared vegetables and marinated protein skewers, all designed to be shared. Théa’s cocktail program includes fresh and house-made ingredients that combine the classics with the unexpected. But the cocktails are not to be outdone by one of the country’s most extensive rosé collections. Théa is open nightly for dinner along with a revelrous weekend brunch.
- Le Market: Paying homage to European morning markets, Le Market serves pastries, espressos and healthy smoothies in the morning, to cheese presentations curated by the in-house fromager paired with wines in the evening.
- Lobby Bar: The Lobby Bar serves a mixture of classic and craft cocktails with a European flair, along with an all-day snack menu with items such as La Tour des Fromages and Onion Dip with Potato Chips.
Wellness at The Global Ambassador includes luxe offerings:
- The Spa: Spanning 16,000 square feet, The Spa is complete with 10 treatment rooms for facials, full-body massages, light therapy, IV drips and cryotherapy. The Spa has world-class partners, the majority being first-to-market and exclusively available in Arizona, including U Beauty, Augustinus Bader, Biologique Recherche, MOVA by Camila Perez, Environ and Oxylight Sapphire. Guests begin their spa experience in the locker rooms that are equipped with a jacuzzi, cold plunge, steam room and sauna.
- Fitness: The hotel is complete with a 9,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art fitness facility featuring Technogym and Eleiko equipment along with a Movement Studio, Spin Studio and Pilates Room, all designed around the picturesque views of Camelback Mountain. Two outdoor wellness decks are designed for sunrise meditation and alfresco classes.
- Forma Pilates: With invite-only studios in Los Angeles and New York City, Forma Pilates is opening its first and only Arizona studio at The Global Ambassador. Founded in 2020 by Los Angeles native Liana Levi, Forma is a luxury boutique-style Pilates studio.
The hotel is a member of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Legend Collection. Within the hotel will also be Global Ambassador Club, Arizona’s first-of-its-kind, members-only club where members have access to a variety of exclusive services, amenities and their own private restaurant, The Grill.